Being Parents for a Night

The other night, Sarah and I had the opportunity to tryout being parents for our friend, Sarah Mable. She really needed our help so she asked us to watch Niko over night. It was an overall good experience. The only thing that I feared was him keeping us up all night. But fortunately that didn't happen.

We still do not have a car, so we stayed in and we got some dinner from a Mexican restaurant. I was tired and I didn't really get that much rest. But we watched him and tried to help him take naps. Sarah told us that he isn't very good at taking naps so we only got 20 minutes here or there.

The Farnsworths let us borrow their Pack N' Play. It was very useful, especially at night when we had him sleeping. It acted as our crib for the night. He did play in it for a few minutes. Plus the Farnsworths brought us some toys as well to use. It was very nice of them to do so, because it entertained him.

When it was time to go to sleep for him, we put him in the dark for 15ish minutes, but he just bawled his eyes out. Sarah asked me to ask Heavenly Father what we could do to help him. I felt like I should go in there and hold him until he calmed down and was practically asleep, and then I put him back in his bed where I know he was awake, but he didn't cry, and finally I left him to sleep and that worked. We were elated.




He only woke up twice in the night, and the last time, Sarah brought him into our bed to sleep. Then that morning I put him on my chest to sleep and he slept there, and I slept there, I didn't know I could actually do that with a baby, but it just felt natural. 

It was nice to have him with us that night. Sarah picked him up that morning.

Comments

Popular Posts