Arizona Saints Chorale

Arizona Saints Chorale has been an adventure that has tested me in many different aspects of my life. It has brought out my insecurities and I have wanted to give up so many times. I started ASC out strong, by attending like the first 12 meetings of Mesa and Gilbert. And then, after the performance of the song I am directing at the Gilbert Institute on a Sunday a couple of weeks ago, I had to take a break for a while.

Forrest Chapin II has given me this opportunity to improve my skills as a conductor and leader of the choir. I’ve led the Gilbert rehearsal 1.5 times (half because I only took the ladies during the time while Tanner took the men). I’m still trying to find my place with the group.

I also want to improve the performance of Thou Art God. They have learned the notes, now it’s all about making it professional and musical. I have needed correction in some of the things I do while conducting the piece.

I also have no ideas about what I want to do with the next season of music, the spring semester. Hopefully I can think of something.

However, overall, it has been a good experience. Our performance of Thou Art God went really well, and hopefully, in a month when we perform it for the final time, it will move the audience.

Comments

Popular Posts