A Miracle on a Gas-less day

 So, an adjustment that we have had to deal with in our move to Apache Junction, is the amount of gas we use on a daily basis. A trip to Mesa and back (for work or for school or anything else that calls us there) takes up about an eighth of a tank. Besides the temple, I don't know exactly what brought us out to Mesa that day (I'm writing this a month later)...wait, I remember some details now. That Friday I had early morning work and studio to attend. What most likely happened was that I went to work that morning and then Sarah and I decided that I would drive back to AJ to pick her up and she would attend studio that day, or at least drop me off at studio, and she went to Target (these things are coming back to me little by little now). So, yes, I attended studio, and because I had worked early that morning, my phone died before studio, and Sarah doesn't really charge her phone consistently so it was low on battery.

But, we had decided to go to the temple that day, and we most likely did sealings, and afterwards walked around the temple where I took this picture.




Well, I remember it being a lovely time in the temple and we were glad to have gone. But we were hungry, so we left to get some hamburgers at Lenny's on Stapley. We had also decided, that we wanted to see the chosen that evening. So we were heading to the theaters closer to our home on the 60 when all of a sudden, Sarah told me that the car was not responding to her pushing the pedal and that she thought we were out of gas. And we were. Fortunately, I had told her to pull to side of the road on the right hand side right near a sign to the entrance of the overpass to the connection of the 202. We were still kinda close to the freeway because Sarah couldn't get out, so she asked me to push the car so that she could guide it closer to the shoulder next to the yellow and black sign on the side of the freeway.

Well, after a hot sec of panic-ing because, 1. both our phones were dead and 2. because we didn't have a charger...we said some prayers. We felt at peace that everything was going to work out, and we made a plan. I was to take the gas can in the back of the car and walk to the nearest gas station. At first I was like where would I walk to, because to the front of us was the overpass to the 202 freeway, but then it made sense to backtrack and walk to the nearest exit behind us. I was hoping that someone would take pity and pick me up.

I kissed Sarah goodbye leaving her with a book and a reassurance that everything would be alright. I definitely couldn't hear anything because Sarah started shouting at me to put on a yellow vest, even running after me. I just trekked along in my temple suit, heading to a gas station.

Well, I realized that the closest exit was Sossaman, which actually has a Costco on it. I walked to the backside of the bridge and decided to walk up to see if there were an opening for me to go through to get to Costco. Unfortunately, after walking up the hill, I realized that there was a gate and that I wouldn't be able to get to Costco from there, so I walked back down the hill and headed for the front of the Sossaman overpass. I almost began to start going up that hill when a car pulled over to the side of the road and a young woman asked me if I needed help. I, of course, said that I would appreciate the help, and she picked me up.

I learn on the drive to the gas station that her name is Macey, she is a nurse, and she knows Kindli B. from choir. She was doing this out of the Kindness of her heart, and I was very grateful to her.

As I showed her where our car was on our way to pick up gas, I noticed that someone had stopped to talk to Sarah. Unbeknownst to me, these people were making sure she was alright, because they had noticed me on the side of the road but were going to fast to stop. They got off the freeway and did a roundtrip U-turn to stop and tell Sarah they were going to pick me up, but couldn't find me on the freeway anymore so they told her someone must've picked me up. Sarah was comforted and reassured that I was fine.

Macey took me to get gas off of the first exit (Ellsworth) and we made a U-turn roundtrip and she dropped me off at the location of the car. I thanked her and she gave me some Brazilian drink that her dad likes.

I filled the car up with the gallon. It gave us enough gas to make it out of that bind and drive to the closest gas station to get gas.

We were saved! Miracles!

Since then, we have been very careful about our gas situation. We plan out our day and how we are going to use the car between us. We decided that we are trying to keep the tank above quarter tank. And since then, we haven't ran out of gas yet. We have been blessed to have enough to make it to work and back so many times.

After a nap, we still went to see the two episodes of The Chosen: Season 3 in theaters, and were happy for that chance to be uplifted by it.





Comments

Popular Posts