Plans for Activity Days and some Big Changes Coming

Yesterday I got the unfortunate news that Adam Kent, my Activity Days Leader companion, is moving out of the ward and that his wife has Covid. While I am glad that they found a place to live, especially with their first baby arriving later this year, his position will be a hard one to fill.

Since it is the beginning of the year, thr Bishop wanted us leaders to plan and come up with tentative activities that we could put on the calendar. I had been planning on meeting with Adam for a while, but until he finally let us know about the move, I had not had the chance to even reach him, let alone plan something out.

On Friday, I finally was prompted to make some plans up for myself, not knowing that he would soon be leaving. At work that night I searched the internet for good cub scout ideas, and jotted down a few of my own.

When we found out that Adam and Katelyn were moving, I was grateful for the prompting I had received about making some plans.  Sister Brown, primary president, told me to update her on the plans, and so later on Sunday I sent her a tentative plan spreadsheet that she could put on the calendar.

We then conversed via text about certain changes that needed to be adjusted, and she graciously thanked me for the planning I had done.

I called Bishop to let make him aware of Adam's leaving, which he did know, and he told me to enlist the help if Kyle Klingler for this Wednesday's activity.

Comments

Popular Posts