Feeling Sick and a Purveyor of Fine Foods

 It's been an interesting week so far. On Saturday I was concerned I had the virus so I got tested. My symptoms have been sore throat and headaches, but no fever or anything. The funny thing about getting tested was that it takes a total of three days to get your results back, so Sarah and I didn't go to church on Sunday, and because of the fear of spreading germs, I haven't been able to start back at MCC yet, at least in person. On Tuesday I went to both my concert choir and jazz choir on google meets which is google's version of Zoom. The internet in the other room (where Michelle was staying) is surprisingly pretty bad now. Sarah thinks it might be because a couple weeks ago we got a new router. So, my video was cutting in and out and downloading music pdf files took like 15 minutes a song. It wasn't very efficient, and I kinda felt like I was/am wasting my time since I don't really have good copies of the music, and my voice is only so good right now being sick. Another class I am missing out on this week is my Vocal Pedagogy class; the teacher is okay with me missing.

Life kinda gets put on hold when you are sick, while it still goes on without you. I couldn't lead singing time since I wasn't at church on Sunday and I'm not leading it this week. Activity days with the boys is getting canceled because no leaders are available to take care of it. I don't have a partner just yet called in activity days to take care of getting someone or even just to care. I haven't been able to go to work since Saturday (today is Wednesday and I'm taking off tomorrow). And Ottawa just keeps on rolling on, and I feel like I am just trying to keep my head above water in staying current with all that I have to do. Tonight I have discussions to turn in. I guess it's good that discussions are only worth 20 points of my grade. All that being said, I am starting to feel better today and hopefully by tomorrow everything will all be cleared up and I will be able to go back to work on Friday.

Sarah and I went out last night. One thing we discovered was Cafe that sells Kolache's, which is a type of pastry that has stuff in the middle, almost like a donut. It is called The Kolache Cafe. Unfortunately, this time around, it was closed because it closes early since it is like a bakery. So we started driving around and looked up other places that are bakeries in that area of town (Ahwatuke). We found "AJs: Purveyor of Fine Foods" and boy were we impressed. We enjoyed looking around at all the assortment of different foods that you don't normally see in your average grocer, and we bought picked beets, a brownie, and a chocolate cannoli.






Comments

Popular Posts