A Great Birthday, and Preparing for Trek

Sarah and I bought plane tickets to go visit Kirsten and David's family in Santa Maria during the Memorial Day Holiday. It was like a mini-mini family reunion, because Arnie's family (Julia, Laura, and Isaac) and Danny and Carol came, and so did Sarah's mom and Arno is living at the home already. We decided to do many activities.

We went to Pismo Beach and a monarch grove (that didn't have any monarch's in it because we were in the wrong season).











We also went to Lompoc to go see Kate Gallegher Nelson and her husband Parker. They treated us to Lunch at a Mexican restaurant at our request. Really and my (John's) request. I got the house special burrito and we shared a plate of chips and guacamole. They then showed us the murals of Lompoc, which is a series of murals that were painted to celebrate the city and its history. My favorite is the boat:






The last day that Sarah and I were in town, we went to Solvang, the Danish Capital of America, with the whole family. We ate breakfast in Buellton. Then we had an enjoyable time with the family walking around the town, going to stores that met our fancy.
















Later that day, Kirsten made a cake for me called a Baked Alaska, made with Chocolate Brownies, cookies and Cream ice cream, and Merengue. Then Sarah had the rest of the people that were still around say something that they like about me and what they wish for me. Then we went into the hot tub with the family and played Jeopardy. I (John) did very well in the South American Capitals category.


Sarah and I made are 2nd ever plane ride together on my 32nd birthday and made it back in time to make church, thanks to Kyle and LauraMae. We flew Allegiant because they had the cheapest flights.





Now it is time to prepare for trek. Sarah's been teaching me a little how to sew. She took a shirt of mine and made it into a trek shirt, and now she's working on her own dress.







Comments

Popular Posts