Short Time Working at St. Joseph's and Application to a Church Music Transcriptionist Job
In the month of September, I simultaneously was hired on as an accompanist at St. Joseph's High School in Santa Maria, and three weeks later I was let go. Nothing terrible on my part. Just that the person that had hired me on, Peter Haws, is also one of the vice principals of St. Joseph's High School. The acting principal asked Peter to focus on his duties as the vice principal and step down. Therefore, leaving the position open to someone that had done it before, who did not want to rehire me on.
It was sad because I was excited to get to know the 13 some odd kids that were in the choir. They were all great singers or going to be, and some were going to be great technicians. While I was there, I was able to be around for 2 masses in which the kids sang, as well as several choir practices.
Sister Kara Miller recommended me for the job.
I also applied to be a Music Publisher for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I made it to the interviews (which was a one way interview where I recorded myself giving answers to 7 questions). Basically the job had to do with transferring files of music into Dorico (a music notation software). I did not get the job. But it was nice to be considered.




Comments
Post a Comment