Kolaches, TV stands, and Compositions

The week has been a normal, post-sickness week. In fact, I was super excited to be driving TO CAMPUS on Tuesday to finally get started with my in-person classes. I even POLO'd Kirsten about my excitement. My classes were great; it was like I hadn't missed a beat. On Thursday, I even stood in front of the whole choir with other members of each section and we sang The Road Home first verse as best we could chamber style. I did mess up a bit, and it was nerve wracking, but it was cool to put myself out there.

We made savory Kolaches on Saturday and sweet Kolaches on Sunday. We decided that we were going to make them for the Klinglers, and then they invited us to a "Come, Follow Me" mini study session/game night and it was perfect. LauraMae made some Cake pops and we brought peach and cream cheese Kolaches. The savory ones came out really good as well; made with sausage and cheese.
The Forsgrens helped us acquire a TV stand that we won on the Buy Nothing Group. It looks perfect, and it was fun talking with Shelene and Brian.
Before
After

We've been pondering how best to use our money, since rent is coming up. Sarah gave me the opportunity to pray about it. It was rather humbling.

Sarah has been working to get her website up and running for her business. We invested in BlueHost, after praying and studying what would be the best option.

I felt good in my one on ones with Tommy and with Dr. Schindler for voice and composition respectively. Dr. Schindler was really impressed with the amount of work I put in in producing the adjustments to the three pieces I'm working on.

I spent the time that Sarah was talking with Shalese Bruce to work on the ending of "To Julia." I came up with something that I'm proud of, for sure. Now I'm just working on dynamics. I was surprised by how quickly the composition of that last verse and accompaniment came to me once I was in the composing groove. Hopefully that will continue. 

Last thing from this week is we found this new word puzzle through Beth Carlin, Jomathan Carlin's wife from the SuperCarlinBrothers, called Wordle. It is a 5-letter word guessing game and you have 6 tries to guess the right word. If you get the right letter, but not in the right position, the letter turns yellow, but if you get a letter in the right position, it turns green. Definitely addicting. Sarah and I have been addicted all week, plus we found the Wordle archive.

Comments

Popular Posts